Production & Development Manager
Tom Wood was founded in 2013 by Mona Jensen when she launched her first jewellery collection based on a modern interpretation of historical signet rings. The jewellery collection was then followed by a ready-to-wear collection in 2016, and in 2018 denim became an important part of the product line.
Always focusing on the purity of materials and minimal design, Tom Wood is to be found at over 300 of the leading retailers world wide, such as Selfridges and Dover Street Market in London, KITH, Saks and Bodega in the US, Boon the Shop and Space Mue in Seoul, as well as Mr. Porter, Browns, End., Matches, MyTheresa and Ssense online. In Japan Tom Wood works together with high end department stores such as Isetan and Hankyu, as well as independent retailers and concept stores like Dover Street Market and United Arrows & Sons.
The company is going through an exciting growth plan opening a number of new opportunities for the right candidates.
Tom Wood is seeking an experienced Production & Development Manager to join our RTW team for a full time position. Working closely with design, product development and planning, you will manage all aspects of production and support our continued rapid growth. The position reports directly to Head of Design RTW.
Key responsibilities for the position
- Be in charge of both the production and development schedule in order to secure all deadlines
- Organizing Pre-Production Sample materials to send to factories.
- Organizing raw materials to send to factories for production.
- Work together with head designer to secure healthy FOB prices
- Research new manufacturers within our price-frame and negotiate suitable deals
- Visit manufactures to secure development and production workload
- Secure measurement charts are checked upon and plotted in the system
- Be in charge of quality control check for production
- Conduct fabric inventory stock take at the end of the season
- Measuring samples ready for production
- Managing inventory of PP samples and faulty production
- General studio administration tasks
- Minimum three years of experience in RTW production
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheet
- Knowledge of Delogue or other PLM is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Hands on can-do attitude with an exceptional work ethic
- Prepared to complete a variety of tasks
- Ability to think on their feet with excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, able to work independently and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
What we are looking for
- An ambitious and talented person who is hungry to take Tom Wood’s ready-to-wear category to the next level
- A person with at least 3 years of experience within ready-to-wear product development, production and purchasing
- One that creates efficient, smart and good processes in the development process from idea to finished product
What we can offer on our side
- A challenging position in an innovative and ambitious company in strong growth
- A stimulating environment, with incredibly talented colleagues
- A place where we share knowledge and experiences, and work purposefully together across functions
The position is a full time position and is based at Tom Woods HQ in Grünerløkka, Oslo, Norway.
Send your application incl. CV to [email protected] within 17.02.2022.