Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager
Tom Wood was founded in 2013 by Mona Jensen when she launched her first jewellery collection based on a modern interpretation of historical signet rings. Since then the brand has developed into being one of the strongest, most innovative and sought after jewellery brand in the world.
Always focusing on the purity of materials and minimal design, Tom Wood is to be found at over 300 of the leading retailers worldwide, such as Selfridges and Dover Street Market in London, KITH, Saks and Bodega in the US, Boon the Shop and Space Mue in Seoul, as well as Mr. Porter, Browns, End., Matches, MyTheresa and Ssense online. In Japan, Tom Wood works with high-end department stores such as Isetan and Hankyu, as well as concept stores like Dover Street Market and United Arrows & Sons.
The company is going through an exciting growth plan that is followed by some great opportunities, and we are therefore welcoming the right talents on board to join us for the next chapter of our journey
We are now looking for an experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Manager for our jewellery department. This role is crucial to our company’s growth and success, through precise supply chain planning and purchasing operation. You will work closely with the jewellery team, but also with other key managers across the company. The right candidate will get the opportunity to continuously develop skills within the field of supply chain and purchasing while working with best in class software making demand predictions and purchasing a smooth and profitable operation. The position reports directly to our Head of Jewellery dept.
Key Responsibilities for the position
- Develop and maintain our purchasing strategy.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative KPIs to identify process optimizations and potential cost/lead time reductions.
- Supply chain forecasting management.
- Coordinate with fellow managers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Review and processes purchase orders.
- Schedule deliveries and ensures timely fulfilment of orders, hereby follow up and dialogue with manufacturers.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Purchase order invoicing management.
- Control of product purchasing prices.
- Build and maintains relationships with manufacturers.
- Evaluates manufacturers based on quality, timeliness, and price.
- Ensure quality of procured items and address problems when they arise.
- Keep up with trends in procurement.
- Stay current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent supply chain and purchasing skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Great communication skills.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor or master’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration preferred.
- 3-4 years experience as a supply chain/purchasing manager or similar position.
- Experience using supply chain planning software and databases.
Interested in working with us?
The position is full-time and based at Tom Wood’s HQ in Oslo, Norway. Please send your application and CV to [email protected] before 15.06.2021.
We may perform background checks for this position.